Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Diet Cure by Julia Ross

I just read a review of this book by Sally Fallon on the Weston Price Foundation website. You can read her short review at this link: http://www.westonaprice.org/thumbs-up-book-reviews/373-diet-cure

I was looking for information about yeast but this article popped into view and my big-booty-loathing-subconscious made me read it. The subtitle of the book is "The 8 Step Program to Rebalance Your Body Chemistry and End Food Cravings, Weight Problems and Mood Swings." Sally Fallon gives a nice breakdown of what is in the book so I'll let you rely upon her review if you're interested in more details. I'll just say that I'm interested in her use of specific amino acids as natural mood enhancers so that we don't need a sugar high. She says the use of these is "stronger than will power." I also love the emphasis she gives on our unhealthy body image and how being overly thin isn't safe. So hopefully she can help us find that balance. Those things, along with food choices approved from Sallon Fallon make this potentially very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment